HOW I BECAME A PIRATE: Braid Beard's beard

11:16 AM
by Marketing Manager Elizabeth Krumnow

If you've already seen HOW I BECAME A PIRATE, you can't help but notice the long beard on Captain Braid Beard and that he's kind of on the heavier side.

But is the beard real? Did actor Todd Denning gain a lot of weight for this role?

I did some investigating and found out the answer!

The beard is a hair extension of real human hair attached to his real goatee. Get this, Todd needs to keep the hair extension in for the entire run of the show - I bet that makes for some funny looks when he's out grocery shopping.

The big belly is none other than a fat suit. During one of the talk-backs a child in the audience asked Todd how long it takes him to get ready for the show, "used to be an hour, now I have it down to 45 minutes!"

If you haven't seen the show yet, there's still time. HOW I BECAME A PIRATE is running until May 17 at the Todd Wehr Theater.

(photo by John Deighton Hemingway: Actor Todd Denning as Captain Braid Beard)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.