Alumni Spotlight: Jeremy Tardy


Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I am 21 years old, and a junior in college. I just finished a play called  THE ENCHANTED by Jean Giradeaux and I will be working on a CABARET in January.


What was your first experience at First Stage like?
My first experience at First Stage was as an audience member, I saw GREEN EGGS AND HAM with my first grade class. This was the first play I had ever seen, and the first time I had seen actors in person. This experience exposed me to what I have resolved to for the rest of my life.

How did you first get involved?
I was about 12 years old when I finally got involved with First Stage. I had seen their plays for years, but it wasn't until I was 12 that I did my first play with them, The Magic Mrs. Piggle Wiggle.

What was your favorite thing about First Stage?
My favorite thing about First Stage was the strong sense of professionalism among the older actors. My experiences working with, and being taught by older actors, cultivated a sense of professionalism that has carried me quite far.

What do you miss most?
What I miss most is the incredible love and optimism that everyone at First Stage seemed to be filled with. The constant smiles and hugs.

Who was your biggest inspiration/mentor at First Stage?
I had many wonderful mentors at First Stage, but John Maclay was certainly the most influential. He provided constant support and knowledge, and exposed me to many things that have shaped the actor and the person I am today.

What were some of your favorite productions to be in?
Jeremy Tardy in Young Company's
OTHELLO, 2007/2008
My favorite productions were HOLES and THE WATSONS GO TO BIRMINGHAM -1963, my experiences in both were so surreal that I often think back on them.

How did First Stage help you get to where you are today?
First Stage provided me with training that I would not have gotten anywhere else in Milwaukee. This training, on and off stage, gave me enough confidence to pursue my goals and a career in theatre and film.

What were some of the big changes in yourself that you noticed after First Stage?
After First Stage, it became quite clear that First Stage is a unique organization in its teaching, and in the quality of its productions. It was also clear to me that First Stage was also a big part in helping me become and adult, as I continued to have their support after I left.

What would be the one word to sum up your First Stage experience?
My First Stage experience in one word: Empowering


What are your plans for the future?
In the future I plan on doing a lot of film. I would love to act for the rest of my life, but it has become clear to me that I need to be a filmmaker.

Do you have a message for First Stage?
I wish First Stage another successful 25 years!

Keep tabs on other First Stage Alumni on the First Stage Alumni Network facebook page!  There's still time to join in the fun for the Alumni Homecoming event on Friday, December 30!  Your registration can be taken at the door!

Don't forget to check back for a recap of the event!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.