Baby Bear's favorite things about GOLDILOCKS!

Jack Trettin as Baby Bear
We caught up with First Stage Theater Academy students and Young Performers MICHAEL LOOMANS and JACK TRETTIN about their alternating roles as Baby Bear in First Stage's GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS. 

Fourth-grader JACK TRETTIN is no stranger to the stage having appeared as Claude in First Stage's ANATOLE last season, he has also appeared as Smudge (2014) and Tiny Tim (2012, 2013) in A CHRISTMAS CAROL at the Milwaukee Repertory Theater. Here's what Jack had to say about his experience in GOLDILOCKS:

"My favorite part of rehearsal was learning all of the songs and practicing them. Putting the entire show together in just two weeks was the biggest challenge. In this show I learned that you need to express yourself and have fun with your part. Jenn [Adams] told me to have fun with all of the parts: singing, dancing and my lines. Performing is really fun and in this show we really get to interact with the audiences!" 
Michael Loomans as Baby Bear

GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS is Michael's first show with First Stage. He shared his favorite things about being in the show: 

"My favorite thing about it is being with this group of people. Everyone wants me to do really well and they take extra time to help me. The hardest part was putting the song, lines and dance steps all together. I thought it would really be easy but it is very hard. You need to know where everyone is and put it all together. I have learned that acting isn’t easy but everyone at First Stage wants you to be the best you can be and everyone has been great to work with. I was so nervous before the show but as soon as I saw the little kids and how happy they were and how we could make them laugh, my nervousness went away. It is just the BEST feeling."

GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS continues through Sunday, March 1, 2015 at the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center. Best availability are performances on Saturday, February 28 (11 a.m., 1 & 3:30 p.m.) and on Sunday, March 1 (11 a.m. & 1 p.m.). Tickets and information at www.firststage.org

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.