GIGGLE, GIGGLE QUACK: Opening weekend

4:41 PM

By young performer Sydney Kirkegaard who plays Hen

Last weekend was our opening day for GIGGLE, GIGGLE QUACK! It was everything I expected - from the nerves to the excitement. Everyone was so supportive and encouraging!

We had two shows and it was sweaty and so much fun! Under my hen costume is something that looks like a cage. You would be amazed at how hard it is to sing and dance at the same time until you have to do it in a large, bulky cage. If you weren't tired after the performances, you aren't human! But staying happy and bright throughout the show is easy with such a hilarious cast, outgoing staff and a cheerful audience.

I wondered how the little kids would react to the show. They are right on the floor next to us, so they are really part of the action. They loved it! The first crowd of kids was a bit more noisy than the other crowd, and of course you are going to have some talkative kids, but it was, without a doubt, a learning experience! My cousins came which made me even more thrilled. It was a lot of fun.

As I promised I am going to talk about the amazing costumes. These costumes are outrageous and I wouldn't have it any other way! They really are so well done, they make us actually look like the animals.

That's nice for younger audiences. They are so creative and fun to dance in. Don't get me wrong, it can get really hot in those things, but just being in the costumes are half the fun. It makes the story more real!

I share my costume with the actor who is playing Hen in the other shows. We share the sweat too! I love it, sweat and all! That's what makes this show so interesting and fun.

(photo: Sydney Kirkegaard as hen in GIGGLE, GIGGLE QUACK)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.