Letter from Composer Stephen Schwartz to Jeff Frank

Tony Award-winning composer Stephen Schwartz recently sent this letter to First Stage Artistic Director Jeff Frank about our adaptation of MY SON PINOCCHIO, which runs through December 26 at the Todd Wehr Theater.

Dear Jeff:

I have been trying to finagle my schedule to be able to get ouit just doesn't seem as if I'm going to be able to do so. I'm very disappointed, especially because the show seems to have come off so well. If you do wind up having a video of it (even "archival"), I would love to see it.

Thank you so much for having the great idea to make this a holiday show and for doing such a wonderful job with it. I hope the rest of the run proves successful, and I send my best to you and your family for the holidays, and my thanks and best wishes to the cast, musicians, staff and crew.

Thanks again, Stephen
Frank, who first pitched Mr. Schwartz the idea of adapting MY SON PINOCCHIO for the holidays, was gratifiied by the warm response he got to that suggestion: "I reached out to Stephen Schwartz with the idea to turn MY SON PINOCCHIO into a holiday show, and he called me back immediately. He thought it was a great idea. He has been very supportive and excited about this process. We're all optimistic that this show with have a future life and will be produced at other theaters in holiday seasons yet to come."

To see more of the working relationship between Mr. Frank and Mr. Schwartz, watch this 2-minute video:





Tickets for MY SON PINOCCHIO begin at $13.50. Click here to order.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.