Alumni Homecoming

Hello Everyone!

The holiday season has arrived and with that comes many invitations to fabulous parties but there is one very special event happening this December that you don’t want to miss.  It’s the very exciting upcoming alumni event December 30, 2011 at the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center.

I can't wait for the First Stage Alumni Homecoming:  A Celebration of 25 years!  It’s an evening dedicated to the magical place that is First Stage, like Christmas Part 2!  It promises to be a night to showcase the Milwaukee Youth Arts Center as a wonderful place of discovery for the arts and more importantly, past friends and the First Stage family, the people who that make First Stage what it is!  We'll have a look back through the years with an interactive time line of old pictures, posters and playbills (we encourage you to bring your own scrapbooks!)  Each attendee will even get a new First Stage Alumni t-shirt.  (I know I don't fit my old C-2 child's size XL - even if it was the 90's and everything was 3 sizes too large).


Luke Celebrates his 13th birthday with Rob Goodman
after A Thousand Cranes

Words can't describe how proud I am to be a part of this event.  I've been a main stage performer in a number of shows from 1992-1997, attended the first Theater Academy, running through the office halls of the PAC (Marcus Center), served as an intern, and now am the chair of the alumni event as a member of the First Stage Board of Directors.  Although I never became an actor, First Stage taught me how to stilt walk, read in iambic pentameter, and how to improv, but more importantly about myself.  I learned that I'm not going to be good at everything, but that a positive "YES" attitude can take you a lot of places and no matter who you are there is always a place to fit in.  Today, I may be a less than exciting banker, but I wouldn’t be a fraction of who I am without the influence of First Stage in my life.

Best Christmas Pageant Ever Cast Party, Red Pin Lanes circa 1992

I'm guessing many of you feel the same way.  Please come join us for our event and revisit the place you helped bring to life through your creativity and enthusiasm.  Happy Christmas Part 2! 

Hope to see you on the December 30!



Luke Kowal
Alumni Homecoming Chair







For more information about the event or to RSVP, CLICK HERE.

For more fun photos and to connect with old friends from First Stage, check out the First Stage Alumni Network Facebook page,
CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.