A Celebratory Family Affair!

4:07 PM

When my husband and I had young children, First Stage was a young organization. As the organization's plays and programs gained popularity, our staff wanted to create an event that had the potential to form a tradition.

We did a lot of brainstorming, but we kept returning to the thought of an event that truly reflected First Stage’s mission. I recall saying one of my favorite things to do with my then young family was going to weddings, where all generations were partying and dancing together.
That idea resonated, and that is how we came to create the Make Believe Ball! Our courageous inaugural co-chairs and committee met the challenge of fashioning a wonderfully unique, family-engaging special event to support the mission of First Stage – transforming lives through theater.

Now, approaching its 26th year, this event has seen thousands of families, celebrating and supporting the organization's mission. Every year at the Ball, we see moms, dads, grandparents and children from ages 3 and up enjoying a special meal in their festive attire and sharing moves on the dance floor, creating lifelong memories. 

After years of my husband and I creating special family memories at the Ball with our three daughters – we are now returning with our daughter, Maggie, and her family.

It's incredible the Ball is now onto the next generation of Corrys – time has certainly flown! We’ll be out there this year rockin’ the dance floor and celebrating as a family in support of our favorite organization – First Stage.


I hope you’ll join, what is now, a First Stage tradition! I look forward to seeing you.


Sincerely,

Betsy Corry, First Stage Managing Director 



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.